Friday, September 4, 2009

To The Sale Barn

We are taking all our spring ram lambs to the sale barn tomorrow. To start getting ready for the Fall and Winter feeding. I hope we do well! Last month they did all right. I hope the price per pound is up and not down. This time of the year it usually is up and we do pretty fair. We have learned from past experiences not to transport them more than 60 miles away to sell them. Because what profit you do make gets eaten up in the cost of fuel, the buyers don't know you and are shy to buy from you. So we now go to a sale barn close to home where the people know us and want our lambs. We are keeping all the spring ewes for breeding and to increase our herd. I still have this years sheared wool for sale and have some pictures of it on our website. We also have some beautifully colored Llama fiber as well as our Alpaca fiber for sale too. I did not get pic's of all the Llama fiber but I can tell you some of the colors. Here is the list of colors

Llama Fiber Colors:
white with tan and brown fleece
white with a rose fleece
tans with a rose fleece
gray with white and brown fleece
white with brown fleece
dark brown fleece
black fleece
black with brown tips fleece
black with gray fleece

These are all unclean fleeces with some VM (vegetable matter) in them. I am selling it unclean or I can clean it for you. The unclean price is a $1.00 per pound or if I clean it is $6.00 per pound. These all are very pretty fleeces and have a nice staple length to them all. I did spin some, it is the dark gray that I have pictured on our website. It really spins up beautifully by itself or you can combine it with other fibers, which would be nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment