Thursday, August 27, 2009

Milking Bessy

Well it has been a week now since Bessy has been using the new milk bucket and she is such a happy cow now! She is so happy that it does not take for ever to milk her anymore and so is our son is happy too. He still thinks it is the greatest thing to have that milker now. He has a much better frame of mind about having to milk Bessy. Don't get me wrong he liked it, it's just when you are over 6 feet tall and having to squat for 20 to 40 minutes to milk a cow it gets kind of hard on your legs and back. And since I had broke my ankle this summer I still can't squat like I should. So when my husband gets called away on business it is left to our son to do it. It can be rather difficult at times but not anymore. That milker is a lifesaver for us all here at the farm. We are happy farmers now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment