Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Super Busy

Well I have been so busy the last 5 days! I don't know if Im coming or going. It all started Last Friday when I got a call from my husband and told me he was leaving Litchfield and heading to the shop, and if I and the rest of our family was ready to meet him at the shop in Broken Bow. Because we had to get more pots to make this dish called Barbacoa. which is a whole lamb cooked on one pot. This is a dish that is only fixed on special occasions like wedding, baby showers, etc. . So we got that pots and the rest of the ingerdients to fix two lambs for a friend for her sisters baby shower on Sunday afternoon. Mind you it was my weekend to work at the other job, and we had these two lambs to fix for Sunday. Saturday night my husband ended up staying up all night to fix the lamb. And I had to work on Sunday. So I didn't get a chance to see the end result and when our friends came to pick it up and they asked my husband if I could make some mozzeralla cheese for them and of course he said sure she can. Mind you I have never made it before! but not a problem and my husband asked our friends how many pounds they wanted? They said the wanted 3 pounds and they wanted for Friday and of course my husband said no problem that she would have ready on that day. On top of every thing else we also had to take one of our bulls and 4 hogs to the 2 different pack and process places. One is in Litchfield and we left there the bull and 3 hogs and the other hog to Broken Bow Pack. Mind you this is on top of all our daily chores and me having to work outside the house this weekend.We also had to take a lamb to B.B. pack as well yesterday.


Well I did make some mozzeralla cheese for the first time today and it was a great success out of 1 gallon of milk I yield about 12 to 14 ounces of cheese. So I have just finished making the second batch and am in the process in making the 3rd batch as I write this. I am really excited about making the cheese and I have fun making it too!!!


We also got our new milking bucket today and our son was so happy to see it today beaucse he wont have to milk by hand anymore. He told me he felt like it as christmas when we got the box this morning. I tell you it was the most beautiful thing we have seen and knowing that the guys wont have to milk by hand any more sounds good too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment